T-Mobile Bold 9700 gets OS Update
T-Mobile has announced a firm ware update for the new Bold 9700 today. The carrier is offering the update to the new Blackberry Bold 9700, the update would be installing the new OS 184.108.40.2066, the update is not necessarily long overdue as the phone has just recently released. However the update is reported to strengthen the phones over all integrity, and provide some other small improvements to the phones total functionality.
T-Mobile is stating that the update for the Bold 9700 will offer up better overall performance to the device which already seems to be as solid as a Blackberry should be. The particular areas that update will affect according to T-Mobile, are the optical track pad, the standard SMS application, standard voice calling over 3G, updates to the Blackberry Messenger application as well as updates to the Visual Voicemail feature found on the Bold 9700. This update comes as no surprise as most new phones need updates after they get put through the ringer, the great part about this is that T-Mobile and Blackberry noticed and reacted before this got out of hand.
The update is available now to T-Mobile customer and can be found on their website there is also a supposed update for Bold 9700 users on the At&t network. Check out the details of this model below, as stated from Blackberry. This phone has features.
- Sleek design measuring 4.29″ x 2.36″ x 0.56″ (109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm) and weighing only 4.3 oz (122 grams)
- Sharp and dazzling 2.44” light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
- Highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard – with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets – for fast, accurate typing
- Innovative touch-sensitive track pad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) for faster web browsing and extended data coverage
- 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music plays up to 38 hours), plus support for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry® Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes® and Windows Media® Player music with the smartphone**
- 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and Mute keys seamlessly integrated across the top of the handset
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone
- Bluetooth® (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Support for BlackBerry services with access to up to 10 supported email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™); and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, which features advanced security and IT administration capabilities for corporate deployments
- Global connectivity with UMTS/HSDPA 2100/1900/850/800 MHz and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM support
- Removable, rechargeable 1500 mAh battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time in 3G mode