Sprint Announces Froyo Updates EVO 4G for August 3rd, You in?
So once again Froyo has made itself into the news. Late last night Engadget got their hands on some highly confidential information about the update. The information was essentially for the internal workings of Sprint, giving launch details, update details and the given etc’s that come with internal documents.
In a mad rush to get Froyo to the masses and stay ahead of the Droid curve, Sprint has announced Froyo updates to the famed HTC EVO 4G. Following suit with their ‘first’ marketing plan Sprint raises the bar saying “Sprint is the first wireless carrier to bring Android 2.2 to customers using the award-winning HTC EVO™ 4G beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3”. So on August 3rd EVO users will begin to see Froyo updates hit their magical devices. Some features that will be new to the EVO user experience will truly make any EVO user smile. So check out the long list of updates and improvements that Froyo will bring to your super phone.
The Froyo update will allow EVO users to use Voice dialing via Bluetooth, the update will give users the ability to store applications on external SD memory, the camera on the EVO gets an update which allows its functionality to rotate with the with the camera. Other features and the most anticipated is improved web browsing, which includes faster Java Script, and a Flash 10x update which will improve the users overall ability to view certain web pages in their entirety. These are the main improvements or updates check out the full list of enhancements from the top secret documents found by Engadget below.
- Share Applications which are installed on SD cards
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook
- Use camera LED as flashlight
- New user interface.
- Local Search
- Add as friend for unknown users in Facebook
- Support Facebook “comments” function
- Language switch key
- Remove keyboard dismiss key
- Capitalization intelligence when correcting/modifying a word
- Groups tab-Auto save draft when users press back key
- Save outgoing email into outbox when no data connection is available
- Larger (auto-enlarge) compose area with clickable animated Attach icon
- MMS slideshow editor
- Send contact as vCard via SMS
- Updates and events tab- Allow users to link contact to a Plurk and Twitter contact
- Rich phone canvas with social networking status
New preloaded widgets
- Calculator widget x4
- FM radio widget
- Message list view widget
- Profile settings widget
- Ringtone settings widget
- Rotation in 4 orientations
- 720p camcorder supports up to 24 fps-LED flash enabled, so that video can be shot at night or in low light environment
- Numeric pin and alpha numeric password to unlock the device (Exchange administrator can also enforce these password policies)
- Search widget or search bar is able to switch to search different types (web, a specific application or all) on the fly- Searchable types includes: All, Web, Apps, Calendar, Footprints, Mail, Messages, Music, People, Settings, etc.
- Adjustable alarm volume
- Being renamed from Internet Sharing
- Android Market Widget- Installing application on SD card
One down side to this update includes no more hacking to get free hot spot.
Tell us how much longer you can wait for this update, I know my EVO will be updated the second the update shows up on the phone!2.2, Sprint, updates, EVO, Android