Blackberry Pearl 9100 coming soon to Virgin Mobile
The recently reported Blackberry Pearl 9100 seems to have found a new home (one of many I’m sure). Recently in Blackberry news the long overdue Pearl update is set to hit the market. The latest news out of the industry is that the Pearls first known home will be with the Canadian based service provider Rogers, and the ever popular pre-paid mega carrier Virgin Mobile. Virgin Mobile Canada has recently posted the new Blackberry Pearl 9100 on their site as a “coming soon” model. We all know that the Pearl is an amazing little device and is usually the “my first smartphone” for most cell phone users that have not joined the rest of the world. With the news of Virgin Mobile putting the phone up under their coming soon section this will confirm the first of many homes for the new ever popular Pearl line.
Knowing the popularity that the original Pearl reached it is a sure bet that the new Blackberry Pearl 9100 device will be on the line-up of every carrier that currently carries smart phones. I’m not sure of a carrier that doesn’t, but looking at the unlimited prepaid trends recently I can bet YOUR bottom dollar that the Blackberry Pearl 9100 will indeed do best in the prepaid market. Devices like the Blackberry Curve 8330 have helped push the idea of prepaid smartphones, through the likes of a Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile etc. My thinking is that this new BlackBerry Pearl will makes its official home in most carriers prepaid divisions, but only time will tell.
Check out some of the stats on the new Blackberry Pearl 9100 from the Blackberry press release of the phone.
- Elegant candy bar design measuring 4.25″ x 1.96″ x 0.52″ (108mm x 50 mm x 13.3 mm) and weighing only 3.3 oz (93 grams)
- 624 Mhz processor with 256 MB Flash memory
- 360×400 sharp-resolution display (238 ppi)
- Optical track pad that makes navigation fast and smooth, plus a comfortable keyboard that enables quick and accurate typing
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music plays up to 30 hours), plus dedicated media keys integrated along top of the handset
- 3.2 MP camera with zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording*
- Built-in GPS for location-based applications such as BlackBerry® Maps, as well as photo geotagging
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) – first BlackBerry smartphone to support ‘n’
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB cards
Let us know what you think of the new BlackBerry Pearl 9100.Pearl 9100, Pearl, BlackBerry, Virgin Mobile